Developing a business can be done in various ways. Before starting your business you probably did a lot of research. You have taken help from advisors, books, magazines and other available sources. You have invested a lot, not only money, but all the hours. So, how should I grow my business?
Those who have survived the startup phase, all business wonder where to take the next step. What can we do to take this business beyond our current status.
These are a few things we can do for your business. If you’re ready to grow, we’re ready to help.
- Open another location. This might not be your best choice for business expansion, but it’s listed first here because that’s what often comes to mind first for so many entrepreneurs considering expansion.
- Offer your business as a franchise or business opportunity. Network with the franchise community. Find a good franchise attorney as well as a mentor.
- License your product. This can be an effective, low-cost growth, if you have a service product or branded product.
- Form an alliance. Aligning yourself with a similar type of business can be a powerful way to expand quickly.
- Diversify. Diversifying your product or service line by, selling complementary products or services, import or export yours or others’ products, become a paid speaker or columnist…
- Win a government contract. Some say the best way for a small business to grow is to have the federal government as a customer.
- Merge with or acquire another business. Growth opportunities can come at the expense of one of your competitors.
- Expand globally. You can find a foreign distributor who’ll carry an inventory of your product and resell it in their domestic markets. You can locate foreign distributors by scouring for a representative. Find potential collaborators in the Foreign chambers of commerce registry.
- Online. Perhaps I am overstating, but an effective Web site is becoming an integral part of business today.
Landing your Website in Google search engine results is key. Google control over 50% of the worlds internet traffic. Via the search engine, Youtube, Gmail, Google Docs etc. There are more than 4 billion websties and the internet traffic double almost every year.
Design and programming are also important, but it’s your content that will draw a visitor into your site and get them to stay. Create a content strategy based on user behavior, measuring and tracking visitor click streams. Create quality content based on researched keywords and you will meet the needs of your visitors and hlep yo uinte Google search results page.